close
close

Texas Rangers vs Atlanta Braves Prediction, Odds, Picks

Texas Rangers vs. Atlanta Braves Overview

  • Date: April 20, 2024
  • Location: Truistpark
  • Starting pitchers:
    • Nathan Eovaldi Rangers
    • Charlie Morton Braves
  • Running line: Rangers 1.5 -145, Braves -1.5 125
  • Moneyline: Rangers 135, Braves 155
  • Total (top/bottom):9.5 -110

Texas Rangers vs. Atlanta Braves Winning Odds

Implied profit%:

  • Texas Rangers – 41%
  • Atlanta Braves – 59%

Projected profit%:

  • Texas Rangers – 0%
  • Atlanta Braves – 0%

Texas Rangers vs Atlanta Braves Game Preview and Prediction

The Atlanta Braves (13-5) will host the Texas Rangers (11-10) in an Interleague game on April 20, 2024 at Truist Park. The Braves, who have an excellent record this season, will look to continue their career success on home turf. The Rangers, who are coming off an above-average season, are looking to challenge the Braves and secure a road win.

Taking the mound for the Braves is right-handed pitcher Charlie Morton. Morton, ranked as the #103 best starting pitcher in the MLB according to our Advanced Power Rankings, has had a solid season thus far. Despite his 5.29 ERA, his xFIP of 4.09 suggests he has been unlucky and will likely perform better in the future. He started three games this year and posted a 1-0 record.

Opposite Morton will be right-handed pitcher Nathan Eovaldi of the Rangers. Eovaldi, ranked as the #59 best starting pitcher in the MLB, is performing extremely well with a 2.92 ERA. However, his 3.82 xFIP indicates that he has been lucky and may see a decline in future performance. Eovaldi started four games this season and had a 1-1 record.

The Braves boast the best offense in the MLB this season, leading in batting average and home runs. Their high-powered lineup is backed by a bullpen that ranks No. 8 in the MLB according to our Advanced Power Rankings. On the other hand, the Rangers boast a solid offense and rank eighth in the MLB in overall talent. However, their bullpen is ranked No. 20, indicating a potential weakness.

In their last game, the Braves faced an unknown opponent, while the Rangers played an unknown team. The Braves’ best hitter this season has not been announced, while Travis d’Arnaud has been their standout player over the past seven games. The Rangers’ best hitter this season has not been announced, and Marcus Semien has been their top player over the past seven games.

Given the projections, the Braves are favored to win the game with an implied win probability of 59%, according to the current moneyline of -155. As underdogs, the Rangers have an implied win probability of 41% with a moneyline of +135. The game total is set at 9.5 runs, indicating expectations for a high-scoring match.

It will be interesting to see how Morton, a high-walk pitcher, fares against the patient Rangers offense, which ranks fifth in walks in the MLB. Additionally, Eovaldi’s high flyball tendencies could play into the hands of the Braves’ high-powered offense, which leads the MLB in home runs.

As the Braves and Rangers face off in this Interleague match, both teams will look to play to their strengths and exploit their opponent’s weaknesses. The Braves’ dominant offense and solid pitching will give them the upper hand, but the Rangers will be determined to pull off an upset down the road.

Quick Takes Texas Rangers:

Nathan Eovaldi has gotten a longer leash than the average pitcher since the start of last season, throwing 4.1 more adjusted pitches per outing than the average starter.

  • Pitchers with a longer leash are more likely to dive deeper into games and record more outs.

Quick Takes Atlanta Braves:

When it comes to his strikeout talent, the leading projection system (THE BAT) ranks Charlie Morton in the 92nd percentile of all SPs in baseball.

  • THE BAT

Michael Harris II is an extreme groundball hitter and can match up against Texas’ weak infield defense (#29-worst of any team on the list).

  • This player’s skills match up well with the opposing team’s defensive weakness, which can lead to better than normal performance.

Jarred Kelenic hits a lot of his flyballs to center field (41% – 100th percentile) and is fortunate to encounter the fifth shallowest CF fences in the game today.

  • This player’s skills match particularly well with the park he is currently in, which can lead to better than normal performance.

Game trends

Rangers vs Braves Prediction: Rangers 0 – Braves 0

For more information on today’s match, check out the detailed stats, betting odds and trends below. Be sure to check out all of our free MLB picks here.